A Message to All of Our Loyal Guests, Family and Friends:
The news of the mandated restaurant and bar shut down came as a shock to us all. The last 24 hours have been incredibly stressful and filled with emotion. Any and all decisions we have made have not been taken lightly. We understand full well that each choice we make will directly affect many people, including and most of all, our incredible staff.
At this time The Grumpy Goat Tavern has decided it best to close our doors for the mandated time Governor Pritzker has set in place. Our staff’s and guests safety is of the utmost importance to us and we feel this is the best decision to be made.
With this decision comes many other questions. We will do our best to answer as many as we can.
- To start, we will be open today, March 16th, until 7PM.
- During the mandated shutdown we will NOT be offering carryout service.
- We are currently working with Groupon to attempt to extend the expiration dates on already purchased certificates.
- Today, March 16th, we will honor your Groupon for carryout service.
- Any unredeemed March Birthday Coupons will be honored when we reopen.
Our sister restaurant, Elgin Public House, will be offering curbside pickup beginning tomorrow, March 17th. Please consider placing an order with them over the next few weeks. These small businesses need it the most. We want to encourage everyone to look out for local businesses and help to keep them afloat during these trying times.
Thank you all for your support. It has not gone unnoticed. If you do decide to stop by today, a smile will go a long way. Consider purchasing a gift card.
When we have more information about reopening we will update you all. In the meantime, support local, stay strong and we will see you all soon.
-The Management Team at Grumpy Goat Tavern